Monday, July 30, 2007

Chicks (without dicks) in the Oval Office


Now I am not some hairy-legged feminist, but come on!!! What's up with this country? Why is the most notable woman to come out of the White House lately is Monica Lewinsky?

I guess what inspired this entry of mine is the fact that India had its first female president elected (congrats to Pratibha Patil). India! Where they still have honor killings of girls who dare talk to boys and female infanticide. Where you still can't show any affection in public. Where only a fraction of women get education. Now we pride ourselves on equality and human rights and progress and ... damn it, men get more manicures than women nowadays, yet we still haven't had a female president. And we've had candidates since 1872 (though I find it odd that women were able to run for presidency before they even had a right to vote).

I'm not saying go out there and vote for Hillary, just cause she's a woman. If you don't agree with her policies, please, tell her to go fuck herself. But what I'm saying is don't go out there and NOT vote for Hillary, just cause she's a woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.